FAQ About EZHD-TVI
What is KT&C EZHD? EZHD-TVI truly delivers on the promise of HD that installs and works as easy as analog. It is a powerful combination of technologically advanced cameras, recorders and accessories (e.g. baluns) that connect like analog but displays, records and plays back HD.
- Does EZHD-TVI work over Coax?
- Does EZHD-TVI work over "Any Old Coax"?
- How far can EZHD-TVI work over RG59?
More than 1000 Feet on RG59 and even further on RG6
- Does EZHD work over UTP/Cat5?
- Will it work over 'Any Old Twisted Pair'?
Yes, but Cat5e is strongly recommended
- How far can it go over UTP?
More than 500 feet (on Cat5e)
- Should I used special EZHD-TVI baluns?
Yes, but you can run limited distance using your old baluns
- Can I use my hand held analog test monitor to aim and focus an EZHD-TVI camera?
Yes, on advanced models.
- Do EZHD-TVI cameras have both HD and analog outputs?
Yes, on the advanced ("c") models
- How do I aim/focus the 'basic' EZHD-TVI models with no CVBS?
The DVRs can stream live video to your smart phone or PDA so you can see what the camera sees.
- How can I program the EZHD-TVI camera OSD (On-Screen-Display) menu settings?
Many of the EZHD-TVI cameras accept UTC (Up-The-Cable) control to access the OSD settings using the PTZ controls in the DVR. Some camera models also include a mini joystick to adjust the OSD at the camera.
- Are EZHD-TVI cameras available in all the common form factors such as indoor/outdoor, dome/ball/turret/bullet, etc?
- Are EZHD-TVI cameras available in both 720p (1Mp HD) and 1080p (2.1Mp full HD)?
Recording & Compatability
- Do I need a special recorder to capture 720p HD / 1080p full HD video?
Yes. KT&C offers multiple DVR options for you to choose from.
- Will the EZHD-T recorder work only with KT&C EZHD-TVI cameras?
You are not limited to EZHD-TVI cameras.
- Will they work with other brand HD-Over-Coax cameras?
Yes, if you are using compatible technology (HD-TVI).
- How many cameras can I connect to an EZHD-T recorder?
4 Ch: 4 TVI/Analog + 1 OMNI IP Bonus Channel = 5 Channels Total
8 Ch: 8 TVI/Analog + 2 OMNI IP Bonus Channels = 10 Channels Total
16 Ch: 16 TVI/Analog + 2 OMNI IP Bonus Channels = 18 Channels Total
- Can I connect any analog or EZHD-TVI camera to ANY BNC port on the back of the recorder? Yes!
- Can I connect existing or new analog cameras to any BNC on the back of an EZHD-TVI Recorder?
- Can I connect IP Cameras to the DVR?
You can connect 1-2 OMNI IP Cameras to the DVR (depending on model).
- Can you simultaneously connect and record analog/EZHD-TVI/OMNI IP Cameras?
- What is the maximum IPC (IP Cameras) resolution?
For now, 1080p/2.1 Megapixel
- What brands of IPC are supported?
For now, KT&C OMNI Series IPC
- Do all EZHD-T DVRs record 1080p?
Yes, all EZHD-TV DVRs record 1080p. The TRF series will record 1080p @ real-time. The TVL series will record 1080p @ 12 FPS and will record real-time @ 720p.
- Are EZHD-TVI recorders compatible with my existing OMNI CMS and smart phone apps?
Yes, the same CMS/Apps support EZHD-T/OMNI-IP/OMNI960 recorders!
- Do all EZHD-TVI recorders provide up-the-cable control?
- What differences should I expect when I install an EZHD-TVI system?
Vastly more detailed images in live and playback view, many time saving features (like up-the-cable camera control) and the flexibility to connect analog, 720p HD, 1080p HD and 720p/1080p IP cameras as needed to suit the application.
- How much more expensive is this going to be compared with the high quality analog cameras and recordes I use now?
EZHD-TVI truly delivers on the promise of HD because it not only installs and works as easy as analog, but the costs are close to those for analog.
- Is EZHD-TVI available today?